Or feel free to bring your own snacks and lunch and eat here at our picnic tables! We just ask for no food to be eaten in animal petting area or fed purposely to any animal.
Public farm parking is located down our private drive at 9040 Magenta Ln. between our two historic farm houses.
We are a working farm so please wear closed toed shoes and we are in FL so consider bringing sunscreen, bugspray and water! Please keep all personal pets at home. We love children being able to get up close with so many different animals and enjoy many activities but children MUST be supervised at all times as we are an enjoy "at your own risk" farm. Feed with FLAT hands, although farm animals are herbivores and don't enjoy the taste of fingers they may accidentally bite one if hands aren't flat. Please never chase or intentionally scare or hurt animals!
Ten fun facts about our farm:
- We are debt-free!!! We own our home, land and farm with no debt or loans (it is very freeing and the reason we are able to share our farm for free!) Read our debt-free blog post here
- We were city-slickers and began our farming journey just 2 and a half years ago, in 2014, after we moved from our big, mortgaged house in a beautiful neighborhood to a small trailer on four acres with just one pet goat.
- We are now a full working farm, producing enough milk, eggs and meat to sustain our large family.
- While we are a working farm and choose to only eat meat that we breed, humanely raise and love on our farm we also rescue animals who we commit to care for on our farm for their entire natural lives.
- Our petting zoo idea was born to help us pay the feed cost for our non-producing rescued farm animals!
- We attempt to build many of our farm structures from used and recycled materials. (See pictures at this blog post)
- Our property was an abandoned, trashed, dump site when we bought it. We have worked hard to clean it up, while it is still not perfect, it has grass beginning to grow and is a redeemed farm now!
- Each one of our children have one or two animal groups which they are personally responsible to care for.
- Farm chores take 1-2 hours every morning. Farm work is HARD!
- We love our little, imperfect yet redeemed farm and LOVE to share our farm and friendly animals with others!
- We are a Christian (imperfect yet redeemed) More about our faith here
- We homeschool (it was best for our children's individual needs)
- We had 7 kids in the past 5 years (What!?! That is a lot of kids!)
- They are our "real" kids although they were all adopted :D
- All (but 1) of our children were adopted from FL's fostercare system (over 400,000 children are in fostercare as you read this, the need is great. Can you open your heart and home?)
- 4 of our 7 kids were over 8 years old when we adopted them (the average age of children in fostercare is 8 years old and simply being an older child in fostercare warrants the label "special needs")
***Want us to come to your event?***
Visit our Traveling Farm Tent page and Pony Rides page to learn more!